We are so proud that people are nominating us for the Women In Housing Awards.
As you know we work tirelessly for ALL leaseholders who are caught up in the complicated leasehold system. If you think we deserve to be nominated for this award please take a moment to complete the nomination process.
We are suggesting the following categories:
- TEAM OF THE YEAR – National Leasehold Campaign
- WOMEN OF THE YEAR – Katie Kendrick (founder of the NLC)
TEAM OF THE YEAR
The NLC was launched in Jan 2017 and has gone from strength to strength. The past 12 months we have:
- Held a demonstration in London which was supported by many MPS.
- Parliamentary Select Committee Inquiry: Which produced a damning report which was highly critical of the law and developers actions – Jo Darbyshire & Katie Kendrick gave verbal evidence in Westminster and along with 700 pieces of evidence Clive Betts (Chair) stated it was the largest amount of evidence they have ever received for an inquiry.
- Competition & Markets Authority (CMA) Agrees to launch an investigation into leasehold Mis-selling.
- The Law Commissions Consultations on Enfranchisement, RTM & Commonhold – The NLC ladies have been a recognised stakeholder in the Law Commissions extensive consultations. The recommendations will be published in due course.
The NLC have galvanised leaseholders. Leaseholder’s now have a voice, our voices are being heard at the highest level and we will continue to make as much noise as possible until we are reLEASED.
If Leasehold Knowledge Partnership (LKP) was run by women they would win this award hands down. Without them the NLC would not be where we are today, and for that we are extremely thankful.
WOMEN OF THE YEAR
Katie Kendrick has been described as The Erin Brockovich of Ellesmere Port by award winning journalist Martina Lees in this excellent article Home Front
Katie has been a guest speaker at this years Professionalism In Property Conference 2019 where she joined some of the industries top property professionals. Katie spoke about : Leasehold property – Informing purchasers and examining mis-selling
- Improving awareness of Leasehold tenure
- Regulating and standardising information
- Examples of mis-selling examined
- Defining good practice
Katie has also been asked to speak at UK Finance – Arrears & Possessions Conference 2019
Step by step guide how to nominate:
- Go to website http://www.womeninhousingawards.co.uk/
- Create an Account using your email address.
- Click on begin a new submission
- Complete YOUR personal contact details, then complete ENTRY details. For Team Nomination use National Leasehold Campaign, for Women of the Year use Katie Kendrick (NLC).
- Click “I am nominating someone else for this category” – include NLC email address here (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Select the category from the drop down menu (either Women of the Year or Team of the Year) – we would appreciate if people could do both.
- From the drop down “job function that most clsely matches this team” you could select ‘Policy’ or ‘Other’
- Then please include in your own personal words why you would like to nominate.
MANY THANKS FOR YOU CONTINUED SUPPORT.
CLOSING DATE 6TH JUNE 2019